- Healthy differentiation – no emotional enmeshment
- Effective process for conflict resolution and mediation
- Appreciation of one another’s unique abilities and gifts
- Appropriate transparency and self-disclosure
- Seeking healing for wounds from past interactions
- Commitment not just out of affinity, but to serve a shared vision.
As I have moved to Seattle, and joined a new employer, I want to keep these principles in mind as I interact with a new group of people.
I am thankful to my friend Sally Schreiner Youngquist who gave me this list in a different context, as I was struggling to understand how to be a light in another sort of community.